Proctored Exam Online: Key Features
Proctors and test-takers are monitored & recorded throughout the exam, ensuring full transparency. All recordings include: the test-taker’s webcam, desktop activity, chat transcript, as well as the proctor’s webcam.
For scheduled proctoring, test-takers will be connected to their online proctor within 5 minutes of their exam start time. If they are not connected to their proctor within this time period, their session will be free.
We customize online proctoring your way. Maintain your program identity & branding throughout the entire experience. From the online proctoring portal through which exams are scheduled to the exam itself, your brand comes first.
B Virtual can integrate with almost any learning management system and testing software, including: Blackboard, Canvas, Sakai, Desire2Learn, & Moodle.
B Virtual adheres to SEVEN key categories of Online Proctoring Standards: Observation, Interaction, Transparency, Security, Authentication, System Monitoring and Training.
- Effective observation of the test-taker and their workstation.
- 360-degree audio-visual scans of the test-taking environment.
Proctor & Student Interaction
- B Virtual’s Certified Proctors can communicate with and collect information from the test- taker prior to and during the exam session.
- Candidates who wish to seek assistance from a Certified Proctor may do so before the start of the examination and throughout the testing session.
- In the interest of continuous improvement, the B Virtual system allows test participants to provide constructive feedback regarding their online proctor and/or the proctoring process.
Recordings – Full Transparency
- Interactions between the test-taker and B Virtual are recorded stored.
- Incidents recorded are time-stamped to allow for a streamlined retrieval process.
- Secure access to the stored proctored exam online is provided to authorized personnel only.
- For test security purposes, a remote proctor exam session recording is saved in compliance with local privacy laws.
- To ensure the highest quality service, B Virtual Certified Proctors are recorded throughout the exam session and are subject to audit by the client and our supervisors at any time.
Securing The Testing Computer
- The candidate’s operating system and browser are locked down during the test, preventing unauthorized access to Internet content and other computer-based resources.
- Remote access by a B Virtual Certified Proctor must be granted by the user prior to the start of the exam, which may be written from virtually anywhere in the world.
- No software installation is necessary for the applicant to write a test, only access to the Internet and a web camera.
- To achieve a higher level of exam integrity, exam-takers are required to present current, government-issued photo identification.
- Utilizing photo identification and biometric tools, the B Virtual online proctoring system confirms authorized access of the participant prior to starting the proctored exam online.
- Our state-of-the-art invigilation software can monitor all system activity in real-time, ensuring nothing is “hidden” from screen view.
- B Virtual is pleased to offer our valued clients live technical support services by phone, email and web chat 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- The B Virtual proctor offers unbiased test delivery and monitoring services.
- Proctors are trained in advanced online invigilation security methods, ensuring the integrity of all exams.